Thursday 15 August 2013

Guest House Review: Penang Old House

Quite alot my friends ask me about the inquiries of the accommodation. So here I am gonna write about the accommodation review first instead of food! Photos are shown as below with some filter effect and the change of colour. I know I know...I am not that pro in editing, however still wish to bring you guys with special kind of feel for the building ambience.
This is Penang Old House which is a purposed build old-fashioned themed guest house within a 1934 old heritage building. No worries about the stale of the building because it has partially renovated and just reserved some old part of the building for decoration purpose I think. There are a few themes of room letting you choose such as Europe style, Tokyo and etc.( I forgot some already :P)


Yeaa this is the room that we have chosen on that day.I have forgotten about the room theme sorry but you still can take a look with the rooms and choose your favourite theme before you pay the fees.

For me myself I quite heart this room since there are two main entrances/exits in this room that one of it is for the passage to bathroom and another one is to the living room. The bathroom is not attached one but can be considered as private since it just locates right beside your room. You just need to pass through the door as shown as below photo then you would see the bathroom just on your right hand side with just a few footstep distance. But I like the flexible design which you have the option to open up the door to feel the morning sunlight and breeze or just close it when you need privacy. Don't worry about the smell of the toilet and bathroom. It was clean and neat during my last visit ( I have no guarantee about the cleanness of the bathroom kayyyy). But I have to mention that the bathroom and toilet look new and clean absolutely. Not like those old and dirty as you imagine. They function very well.




Another my favourite yet interesting thingy that I found in this room- Mini Old Style Table Fan. The room is air-conditioned but sometimes you might feel cold in early morning that force you to turn off the aircon, this little thingy might get you some refreshing air throughout the room without the aircond. Don't look down on its size, it generates strong wind though.




So here comes the opened area. You can da bao anything and having here since they provide fridge and tableware all that you need. They do provide free drinking water as well. But I would mention about its spacious area which makes you really feel comfortable with it. But the precondition must be less people sharing the house with you. If you come at peak season, probably cosy is no more since the silence and peace of the house might be disturbed.



QOTT





The room not taken. The whole room is in white colour theme and locates at second floor. Not as spacious as our room but still comfortable enough.





Another opened area outside my room with some creative artwork here.










If you are interested in this Guest House, you could find more details by referring to the links as stated below:







Penang Old House

016-2820139/0122379825(KOH)
penangoldhouse@gmail.com



Address 1: No.12, Jalan Phuah Hin Leong, 10050 Penang, Malaysia.


Address 2: No. 8, Jalan Phuah Hin Leong, 10050 Penang, Malaysia.


GPS location: lat= N5.423373 , lon= E100.322281

Happy Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment