Monday 19 May 2014

Flea Market @ Burps & Giggles

Back homie like finally!

It has been long while since last post which is regarding some handmade strawberry crumble. I have to apologize to my bloggie for dumping you so long. Well, this post will be another long post to elaborate my very first and remarkable life event- Setting up a BOOTH!

Yea. My online boutique - LA CHATTE has been launched for some time. Business sometimes good sometimes bad. So in recent I have decided to make some changes which is setting up a booth in Flea Market or any Bazaar Event in Ipoh. Have to say that flea market culture isn't being promoted or encouraged well in Ipoh. Just a few vendors I saw in flea market and mostly hand crafted stuff was selling. Maybe selling apparels is still not trendy yet in Ipoh.


The first step is always the toughest. I could still remember the first day of the flea market which is just located right beside Burps and Giggles, a narrow street let you to pass through from Burps and giggles to Kong Heng, and I have to highlight that the street is very unique in its way with few street arts painted on wall. I woke up around 8 something and reached at 10am. A very kelam kabut day. No parking lots, the garment rack SPOILED in all of sudden! And the building, the place I set up my booth is under construction! Olamak. It is what I was thinking.




I have two neighbours, one is Sabonim which is the first handmade soap in IPOH (www.sabonim.com.my) and another handmade card for mother’s day with a lot cute little decorative thingy. So the first day wasn't good at all. Business running no good. :/ and the garment rack collapse in all of sudden and all my stuff dropped onto the floor. WHAT A DAY. And I have a little bit upset as everything ran messy and out of my control. I felt doing something which is not worth at all. No profit, sacrifice time and effort for nothing.



But the second day was so much better. My effort was paid off. I have to thank my neighbour, I called her Ms Sabonim as I couldn’t able to get her name, she advised me to put the garment rack out to the street to grab the attention of the passer-by. Besides, I was able to get myself another new rack which is so much firm and better in quality to support all my apparels. I was at ease in second day.

While if you don't want to get yourself in kelam-kabut condition like me, below are some tips for setting up a booth based on my experience. Not really pro but I wish to share what I know hoho.

1. Get yourself a firm garment rack @ All Range Marketing. Never purchase those single garment rack in Tesco or Jusco one.

2. Hanger, printed plastic bag and price tag also available in All Range Marketing.

3. Table clothes. Normally the organizer will provide as well. If you want to look more colourful you can prepare one.

4. Find some decorative thingy to make your booth look interesting. Handmade will do. Some attractive title.

5. Prepare some flyer. Distribute to all the passerby.




There were some special guests came and kacau our booth. I don’t know who they are but they looked very different in styling up themselves, one with a Bruno Mars’s hat and another guy with long curly hair (not really curly =x). I guess they are the owner of the building. HAHAH so much laughter during their visit and some photos were taken as well. They are good people :D

1st Posie

2nd Posie


Ms. Sabonim joined!!

Ms. XXX joined too!!

Okay that's enough. I hope they don't see my post XD

It is a really big step for me. The very first time I made it to have my own booth in Flea Market. It was challenging and tough for the first time but I am proud that I made it. The reason I wanted to jot down this in my life event  it’s not only how remarkable of the experience, at the same time I wish to promote the flea market culture in Ipoh. It is encourageable for people out there who wanted to own a small cost business for themselves or for side income. I have came across this kind of event in Penang and KL. A very good experience for yourself to know the process in doing all these and you get to know more people as well. If you went Bazaar event or Flea Market in Penang or KL before, you would be able to know that the way they setting up the booth is so much creative :D they did put a lot of effort to make their booth become attractive and unique. And all we want just to make the event happening and create fluid traffic on certain place, probably sharing our happiness. People should walk out their comfy house and internet world, take a look of the beautiful things that created by human being, without any electronic made.

Even you didn't purchase anything from our booth, but we are glad for your visits!  True!




So another day I were informed to join another Bazaar Event which is held in Sri Klebang. Bad sales day LOL.
There were a lot families come over here for food fair and visiting show houses. But great thing was by this chance I was able to meet a new vendor which is selling handcrafted stuff and yesh I customized a few passport holders as gift for my friends. ^ ^





So if you are interested in joining the flea market as well you can comment below the blog post or reach me via Facebook :) I will try my best to answer your questions and give you the contact person details.

And there will be a giaaaant sales on next week! Items will be selling at RM29 ONLY.
So if you are interested on apparels with reasonable price, it would be my pleasure if you follow:-

(1) Facebook Page : La Chatte  

OR

(2) Instagram : cath_lachatte

and stay tuned for our latest updates kay?!

So it’s time to talk about my recent life :D when you read until here, I am grateful that you care about me!


2014 is a very fluctuating year for me. I archived one of my resolutions which is being a part time singer. I met some very professional musicians and make me understand that the world is too big for us to explore. Gone through bad and good comments, ups and downs … I am surprised that I am being stronger whenever some bad things hit me up and try to pull me down. But the only regret is that I didn't put much effort to improve my singing. In confusion state still. The working environment is too compli to involve myself in it. So just let it be and wait for the right timing. Sometimes I am quite proud of myself whenever any plans that I decided to carry out I will make it eventually. Although it might not as successful as expected but at least I initiate the first step to make a change. This is what I am proud of. I have faith in my hard work will pay off in some day. 

But I didn't always owned that positive mind. It is no doubt that sometimes I am quite emotional for very tiny little things. Such as how people judge on me, why they don't like me :(  This is what I care about. I always felt that people that I used to know are getting far away from me. We started don't understand each other like we used to. Or you didn't even realized what you have done and made people started to criticize on you, or worsen, ignore and stay away from you. This is what I felt in recent. Maybe I am not approachable and people felt I am cold and indifferent perhaps :? I started miss my friends, a bunch of friends.

Even when I have this kind of feeling that my 'ren yuan' isn't very good, I won't try to change myself to please everyone. I think this job is kinda tiring when you force to insert a personality that is not belongs to you at all. When people like you, they do. If you are try to be someone that you are not, any changes you try will wear away with time, so better go natural instead. And I tried to like myself all the time. LOL If you don't like you, why should anyone else? Right?

Okies. Stop all the negative topics. I would promised myself to accomplish what I wish for, treat myself and my loves one even better, and let everything goes with the flow naturally. Cheers :D

Thanks for giving me health to complete all the tasks. Still, don't get chubbier for our next goodbye! Praying hard.

Warmest regards. XOXO Bubyeee


1 comment:

  1. Hye dear i am interested to join the bazaar.may i know how?

    ReplyDelete