Tuesday 23 July 2013

SIA Cabin Crew Interview 2013


Yay! Finally got something to be posted up here..no more mumbling..this is an useful post guys!
Pertaining to the title above, I went to SIA cabin crew interview that was held in Ipoh Tower Regency Hotel last Saturday.. That was a great great great experience that I never had. So I am gonna marked it down and do some sharing here. Especially for those people out there who wish to get this position in SIA. Hoping my post can help you a little bit. HAHAHA

For your information I coudn't get into second round. Yay I got eliminated on first round. Such a killer round that I totally have no idea what they actually want. XD Even good looking people were eliminated in this round by them as well :O

So I reached there around 9am. The registration actually started at 9am sharp. But I went there a little bit late since I didn't manage to tie my hair neatly. As my expectation when I reached there I saw a lot a lot of people there. EXPECTED. So I just find a seat and wait patiently. At the moment an Indian girl was trying to talk to me. Her name is Rugaya if I am not remember wrongly >.< She was just finished her SPM and 19 years old ( I felt myself was old =__=). She told me that she came here just to gain experience and this was her first time. As we chit chatting the time flew so fast and soon is our turn already. We were grouped into 10 people in a group and were brought to another room. Before entered the room we need to hand out our application form ONLY. So in the second room you just have to wait your name to be called out, and my group is Group 16. So if one group has 10 people, then there were 160 people in front of me. hmmm still okay for me cos I expected even more since I came late but don't know why I am much faster being assigned into a group.

When I was waiting in second room, I met Ken. A 26 years old guy travel all the way from Penang and trying to chat with me. So I gave him response as well at the same time to ease my tension. After being called out he wished me luck then I was brought to the 3rd room, with Rugaya in my group as well. In Group 16, a guy who named Wilson take his initiative to talk to me. AND HE WAS THE PERSON WHO GAVE ME A LOT OF KIND ADVICES. Although at the end I am not manage to get any contact from him, but I am still grateful to know him. As he told me, being cabin crew was actually his dream since he was young. He was being rejected a few times due to his age. He is 30 years old when he went for his 2nd interview for SIA last Saturday. He is a pharmaceutical sales person and travel all the way from KL just to pursue his dream! Although he told me that actually the chance was very limited but he still want to give a try. Before almost our group turn, he was very nervous and nerve-wrecking, I tried to calm him down. He ask why I seems not nervous at all, but actually wanted to tell him that talking to him had eased a lot my tension LOL Besides, I am not really into this job position and I just want to take a look how would be the interview conduct. Just CURIOSITY brought me here.

When is our turn, I found that Wilson did really well in his speech and was well prepared. The question was: If you have the chance to lunch with someone everyday, who is the one you choose? and WHY?
There were two pretty twin sisters in my group as well. In my opinion, one of them answer so so only but another one did quite well and natural performance among the group members. But both of them also didn't manage to get in. As well as Wilson! I could see his disappointed face when he came out from the room! Wilson really did a great talk which able to grab interviewer's attention. Another girl from Kampar KTAR and she did really bad speech since her grammar was even worser than me =..=. So the result came out and 10 of us also didn't make it in this round. The whole group being eliminated. =___=

And my answer was my father, a quite common answer but I felt myself not bad since what they said is I looked so calm without nervous and no stammer at all =.= FIRST TIME EVER . My guess is, the reason I couldn't make it is because of my attire and visible scars on my knee. Probably my braces as well. Since when I stand up and start my answer, the lady interviewer was looking at my bottom part. I am not sure whether she was looking at my skirt or leg. But I think my attire could not be able to satisfy her and my answer was just too common :/

From what I have observed, actually I have gained some experience throughout the interview session.
First, get a proper business attire and well groomed. I did observe those who can get into next round, most of them with a proper and formal make up, well grooming, and dress with business attire. And there is always exception as well. I saw a group with a few heavy make up, proper business attire girl being booted out in first round as well, only one lady made it who just dress simple attire (casual formal only), wear light make up and merely tie up her hair without bun it. She was in. :) So the lesson here telling us, do wear a proper make up which is suitable your characters, not overly, able to reveal your good disposition. Dress with moderate attire which can fit your body shape perfectly ( to show your body line is a MUST). And the last thing is keep SMILING. 

When going into the room, walk gently and smile. And you must be looked CALM even you are not. For the speech session I don't really know what is their specification and requirement since talk too well and much also not manage to make it in my group. Talk moderately also not make it. :/ Soooooooo...this I am really not sure. I can only tell is make your appearance look outstanding yet moderate (humble perhaps?) Don't try to wear a sharp color attire to grab interviewer's attention but look inappropriate on you. Try to make yourself look simple, clean, neat but with great disposition to grab their eyes. From my point of view, for the first round it only takes not more than 5 minutes to introduce yourself, hence, I think appearance and impression are the first most concern issue for them instead of the way or content you speak. As long as you don't stammer too much or talk stupid thing, then you might get pass if your appearance make them feel comfortable ;) Presentable is the Key Word. But if everyone also looks presentable, then make yourself special.

Soooooooooooo...conclusion is: I couldn't make it as well why talk so much?! tee hee
But there will be second time I think :) I am currently interested in Air Asia since Wilson said they give very well pay as well. I won't give up until 25 years old. I am just gonna try and try and try since one interview can return me tonnes of experiences. and I could see that my English had improved as well since I am managed to talk to people in English fluently without stammer. This is true. I used to talk like shit in English whenever having conversation with others. Low Self Confidence. But now had improved a little bit since I can have a quite good and clear conversation with Wilson, and interviewer in MURATA. At least they can understand what I am trying to express and I do get their meaning as well :) A Good Start!

That's all for my post. Gonna hit my pillow earlier and tomoro continue fight for my life.
Online Business...COMING SOON LIAO LA...


GOODNIGHT PEEPS!!


* When you are upset with your current failures, try to think about me, my experience. I do failed in lots of my life mission as well. Even until now my dreams are not being archive yet and time flies like a shooting star. But I won't give up, I believe the day will eventually come in future*

No comments:

Post a Comment